
First off, we would like to apologize if the blog forced your IE to crash. Apparently the iLike music app was the issue and we have since deleted it. Hopefully we'll find a way to bring the tunes back here soon.
As far as the weekend, EBONY had a productive and time. We only crossed one bar off the list, but the main reason for that was we celebrated Selfy's birthday on Friday in his hood. Eickoff apparently has no work to do on Friday's as he created an elaborate spreadsheet for him, Kyle, I, Selfy and Timmy to compete in a 5 game (ping-pong, shuffleboard, billiards, darts, and naked photo hunt) round-robin team Beer Olympic tournament. On paper this was an easy accomplishable goal, but just like Communism, it was harder in practice. Ping-pong went down easily at the Happy Village. Selfy and I tied for lead after game 1, with both us winning 3 of 4 games. The Happy Village is great. You feel like you are drinking in your parent's basement and the fridge is full of Hamm's. Yes, we were drinking Hamm's. Aside from when I was down in Champaign, the only time I've ever had Hamm's was when we were in PDX for H2C and at the end of a long night of drinking (mind you, the night before the race) Chenoweth and I go to the bar and ask the bartender is they have anything worse than Hamm's. We proceeded to knock down a round of Olympia.
The Boundary was next for Shuffleboard. I've never played Shuffleboard before, but I feel I held my own for it being my first time. The 2 Tim's excelled at this game and pretty much everyone except Kyle was still in the running for the crown. In between games, a 40-some year old women approached Eickoff and I and kept telling us how much she loved our red hair. She claims she used to have red hair, but her 10 year old son told her to dye it blond. She was hammered. Eickoff tried to convince her that we are going extinct and that she should bring the red hair back and try to make some ginger children to keep the race alive. Apparently this isn't possible though because she says she doesn't have a uterus anymore. Touche random lady.

Next was Gold Star for some billiards. This was pathetic. We are all horrible. We were getting blank stares from the regulars for us to finish our games . I'm surprised we made it out alive. From what I remember, Bell's and Rogue was on special and this completely tipped us over the edge. I think I lost all 4 games of pool, and the first two came from me scratching on the 8-ball.
Tim convinced us that we should hop in a cab to Floyd's to play some darts. This was a horrible idea as we just had one beer there and left. From then on, it was just Kyle, I, Selfy and Eickoff. We went down to Mother's and made the most of it. Nothing special. The highlight was seeing this other older women try to convince Eickoff he should go out with her daughter. The 40+ crowd was all over Eickoff tonight. We finished at Chi-Town Pizza and called it a night.
Saturday we went up to the Music Box to see Gomorrah. We heard amazing reviews of this Italian film and we just thought it was pretty, pretty, pretty good. I can't do the synopsis any justice right now, so I would recommend you check it out yourself. I find the story (true story too) itself to be very interesting, but the film was just decent. After the flick we headed across the street to Messner's. This was the only bar we were able to cross off our list this weekend. We each dominated a large lunch and 2 Bell's Best Brown Ales. The bar was nothing special and I probably wouldn't come here again. We were entertained by the guy sitting at the bar by himself explaining to anyone who would listen to him how great Boston is, and how much he wishes he still lived. I wish he would move back too.
For all those in the fifth district, we will be heading over to Goose Island (in Wrigleyville) for Charlie Wheelan's election party Tuesday night. Rock the vote and join us out.
No comments:
Post a Comment