Monday, March 9, 2009

Love is a Number

We all know that 77% of all statistics are made up, and being a statistician myself, I got the idea to potentially start a running column called 'Inside the Numbers', a highlight of our weekend excursions thru the world numbers. We'll see how this goes.

19 (x3), 20, Bulls eye - Kyle's winning toss as your EBONY crew beat Chuck and Malmo in the 907 dart throwing contest

15 - number of stuffed animals on the walls at Will's Northwoods Inn, my personal favorite was the stuffed cougar

7 - percent alcohol in the round of Matilda's that put our evening in a whirlwind

6 - dollars spent on 6 cheeseburgers Kyle and I dominated at Wellington

5 - # of times Malmo complained about how awful the Matilda was, then again he is a fan of Coors

3 - number of dogs we've seen at a bar this year, our third was Saturday afternoon at Will's and we believe his name is Gorilla

2 - number of Pineapple cocktails Tiede ordered at Bungalow - lame

1 - round I would draft Osiris Eldridge in the NBA draft next year

0 - number of smiles we got from our least favorite waitress at Fearons, and the number of times we had a cab driver play Kabaddi with us (some day it will happen)

Off topic, but equally funny is direct quote I got in a email from a well known coach in Chicago after I told him about my stress fracture in my shin: "That would seem to limit the wisdom of running, wild dancing and other extremes of debauchery." Well played sir.

No comments: