Quick Reminder -- Saturday 3/14 is the all-day annual visit to AliveOne. Join us. By all day, I mean I'll be there at 2, and I'll leave well after I should've.
Hemingway was once challenged to write a 6-word short story, and he considered his output to be one of the better things he wrote. "For Sale: Baby Shoes, never worn."
WIRED magazine once ran a feature seeking 6 word submissions from writers within the horror, sci-fi, & fantasy realms, etc. Alan Moore has a pretty good entry with, "Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time"
For no reason other than the creative challenge, I've written a handful to recap our experiences at some of the bars we've visited so far this year. Gold Star to the first person who can peg the significance of this entry's title.
Bar Celona -- "Adam denied, should've ordered fruity drink."
Brendan's Pub -- "Cromulent? Try pretentious, confused hack."
Buffalo Wild Wings -- "Gotta Be Here! You, not us."
Cubby Bear -- "Intersection: Sport, Commerce, Greed -- find Hell"
Darkhorse Tap -- "First Round Loss…Again. Questioning Loyalty"
Exedus II -- "Reggae doesn't subscribe to Thursday night"
Goose Island -- "Low turnout (Election - not the party)"
Hydrate -- "Dance glancing upwards to avoid surprises"
Matilda -- "Should've left at 9:30. Instead…2"
Paddy Long's -- "Irish? German? Eccentric not an Ethnicity"
Redmond's -- "Wisconsin Bar Anti-PBR? Get Bent."
Risque CafĂ© -- "Seeking: Regular Customers. Apply Within…please!"
Scarlet -- "Since burned down. One stop wasted."
Trinity -- "Why'd we leave? Damn this mission."
Victory Liquors -- "Boxing for meatheads. Testosterone Factory. Avoid."
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment