Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I stopped drinking Jager in high school

Today you get our simple and abridged version of last Sundays outing. We knew we had a few bars west of us near Diversey to visit, so with Jay Cutler and Bears taking it to the Mile High City we had our built in excuse to leave the apartment. Unfortunately a few bars on the way are closed on Sunday, even for a Bears game, so shame on you Maeve, Wrightwood Tap, and Side Street Saloon. Hat Tip goes to Tavish, #124 which was open. Highlights include:
- an owner who knows his Little League World Series history
- flying solo locals looking for a good conversation, and to the point of ad nauseum are reliving their glory days of playing college soccer at Puget Sound
- good beers on tap with no Bud or Miller products – high five!
- apparently a full spread of free food during Bears game, we may revisit
- departing shot on the house
- learning Kyle and I are both tall and lanky, but I am the buffer one

After a couple Brooklyn Brown Ales we head up to Ashland to watch the game at Four Shadows, #125. Highlights include:
- bar area is basically a larger and newer version of the front room at Sheffields
Conversation overheard #1: “You showing the Bears game?” “On every television.” “Give me a Budweiser then.”
Conversation overheard #2: “You have MGD light?” “No, only Miller Lite, Bud Light, and Coors Light.” “Oh (long pause), uh I guess I’ll have Coors Light then.”

No comments: