I get to write the short version this week! Various notes:
Paddy Long's has framed pictures of Pele and Chewbacca on display behind the bar. Can't argue with that. Our bartender was slightly miffed when I put money into the jukebox, thus ending her broadcast of the latest Britney Spears audio assault.
Vaughan's…I got nothing. Unmemorable.
Soprano's…Derek and his dual-citizenship friend from Boston forgot to pay their bill. The waitress from here tracked them down before we got to the next bar.
Uncle Fatty's was closed at 4:53 and 5:18, open around 5:47. I was hoping we wouldn't have to go there. A group of medical professionals in training were upset when I asked them to move because they were in the way of our bags game.
Matilda is most likely our favorite bar in Chicago. The fact that many of our friends were there as well made that quite a good night. Eating as many appetizers as possible did not make up for me not eating dinner on Saturday night. I hung out downstairs in Baby Atlas, Rick didn't. No problem, I'm pretty sure we'll be back there before too long.
At some point this year I will no longer be able to list every bar we've been to, in order, off the top of my head. We haven't reached that yet. I think I can make it to 50.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it was Paddy Long's were Holland dine and ditched.
you also left left out the amazing ChaCha message:
Q: Should I order another Guiness or go to a different bar?
A: Go to a different bar and order a better drink!
Post a Comment