Monday, May 18, 2009

Odds and Ends

I’ll fill in the odds and ends of the weekend not including BBC/Kylepalooza. Friday night we saw Todd Barry perform at the Lakeshore Theatre. Todd is famous for his extreme stoic/dry sense of humor. He absolutely killed and broke glass at the same time. He has an amazing ability to roll with the punches in performing ad-libs back to obnoxious audience members/hecklers. The stand-up routine was top notch too; check out YouTube for some of previous skits. You may have seen him in the The Wrestler, or in last seasons Flight of the Concords. On special, Lakeshore had 22oz Goose Island Matilda’s for $10 – this increased the comedy tenfold. For how good the show was, the quote of the evening comes from Kyle telling the dude waiting in line behind us after his friend cuts to the front, “apparently your friend thinks he better than all of us.” The expression on his face was priceless.

Sunday was a rougher morning for some of us than others. I think I heard from at least 3 EBONY fan club members that they either threw-up last night or early this morning – nice job kids. The Internet Celebrity Baumer met us at Justin’s in the early afternoon to catch the Hawks game. In a very uneventful Game 1, we nursed a couple Buds and headed back home to recover from Saturday. A few hours later we went over to the DOC Wine Bar for CarolynFest. Too many friends were here to mention, but the full friends ranking list is updated. Message us if we screwed up somewhere as some nights become foggy. I think it is safe to say I am never going to the bar again. It had absolutely the worst service we have experience all year. Yes, there were a good 25 people in the backroom for the birthday gathering, but that is no excuse to wait 50 minutes for a glass of wine! Fucking ridiculous. Carolyn II mentioned to me that she is stealing my patented dance move from last night with giving me no future credit at all. My immediate response was, “well, you can go to Hell.” I think it was adequate in its brevity.

So far we have crossed 91 bars off the list – well above are quota of 75 thru May. We figure we have about 100 left to tackle. If you include bars outside of the mile radius, our total count (bars were Kyle and I are both there) is up to 119. I don’t know if I’m proud or extremely sad with myself.

1 comment:

kyle said...

You left out my other great line of the weekend.
Baumer (referencing someone else): "So yeah, he's got a really serious girlfriend now."

Kyle: "Like, she doesn't have any sense of humor?"

...followed by 6 seconds of confused silence. At least 2 of us got the joke.